A Short History: The foundation of Alirajpur mission was laid by Msgr. P. Janser, the Prefect Apostolic of Indore, by sending in November 1937, a group of three sisters of the missionary Sisters, servants of the Holy Spirit to work in the Hospital which belonged to the princely state of Alirajpur. In 1937 Alirajpur became an independent mission centre. The first priest, to be appointed to the new place was Fr. H. Wichelmann SVD. But during the Second World War due to unfavourable situation in 1939, the mission centre was closed down. In the year 1992 the Salesians of Don Bosco(SDB) came to Alirajpur at the request of the Bishop of Indore Diocese. The pioneers were Fr. Wilfred Sequeira and Fr. Francis Anthony. There were only a few Catholics families. Mass was celebrated in a little hall and a small non-formal technical boarding was started for handful of youth. The Missionary Sisters, Servants of the Holy Spirit also joined the parish.
Patron Saint : St. Don Bosco
Parish Feast : 31st January
Address : Catholic Church Alirajpur
Behind Shivaji Marg,
Alirajpur Dist, 457887, M.P.
Pastor : Fr. Cyril D’ Souza, SDB
Assistant : Fr. Kansingh Mathew Katara, SDB
Principal : Fr. Charlin Chandran, SDB
Administrator : Fr. Pratap Damor, SDB
RELIGIOUS : Don Bosco Secular Sisters
INSTITUTIONS : Don Bosco Senior Secondary School
: Don Bosco Boys Hostel
: Don Bosco Technical Institute
: Don Bosco Shailshanik Samajik Kendra