A short history:- Badi Dhamni mission station was the substation of Thandla parish for a long time. In 1896, Fr. Charles OFM Cap the first Bhil Missionary in Jhabua district started Thandla mission and he made contacts with the people of Badi Dhamni. Later on Fr. Francis Assose was visiting this place. He used to come to Badi Dhamni once in a month to give Sunday mass to the people. In 1994, Badi Dhamni was declared as a parish and Fr. Kuriakose K K was appointed as the first parish priest of St. Joseph’s Church, Badi Dhamni. The congregation of the Missionary Sisters, Servants of the Holy Spirit joined the parish in 1996.
Patron Saint : St. Joseph
Parish Feast : 19th March
Address : St. Joseph’s Church,
Badi Dhamni, Thandla P.O. 457777
Jhabua Dist, M.P.
Pastor : Fr. Alfredo Fernades SVD
Fr. Benjamin Ferdina SVD
RELIGIOUS : Society of Divine Word (SVD)
Servants of the Holy Spirit (SSpS)
INSTITUTIONS : St. Joseph’s High School
St. Joseph’s Boys Hostel
St. Anna’s Girls Hostel