A short history: - The beginning of Panchkui as an independent mission station is dated to 11th December 1924. Fr. Gerald de Clichy, as the first presbyter, took charge of evangelizing the new born mission. The present mission centre was obtained by Fr. Gerald from Raja Udaysingh of Jhabua. Yohan Parmar, native originally from Bangor, was the first catechist of this mission. Fr. Gerald de Clichy was an enterprising missionary. Under his initiative he started few innovative activities like Weaving centre, Lottery, Co-Operative Bank, lime-Kiln and Business in Raw cotton. After four years of continious activities, on 7th June 1928, Fr. Gerald De Clichy embarked for France. Fr. Charles took charge of the mission thereafter foreseeing the need for health and education services Prabhudasi Sisters from Thandla was brought to Panchkui, on 4th November 1978. In the month of April 1933 Panchkui was entrusted to the SVD.
Panchkui is well known for the Grotto of Kripao Ki Mata. It’s a pilgrimage centre for all devotees of Mother Mary in the north-west states of India.
Every year 11th February on the feast of Our Lady of Lorudes pilgrimes flock towards Kripao Ki Mata to honour and receive blessings from her. The famous grotto of Panchkui was built by Fr. Petersmaan during his stay of 1955-1966. The devotees and pilgrims at Panchkui have experienced miraculous cures. It’s the same reason why thousands are attracted to the shrine irrespective of cast and creed.
Patron Saint : Sacred Heart of Jesus
Parish Feast : Friday after the second Sunday
Address : The Sacred Heart Church,
Panchkui PO. 457779
Jhabua Dist, M.P.
Pastor : Fr. George Meda
Assistant : Fr. Deenu Damor
RELIGIOUS : Prabhudasi Sisters of Ajmer (PSA)
INSTITUTIONS : St. Teresa’s High School
: St. Charles Boys Hostel
: St. Teresa’s Girls Hostel